Monday, February 16, 2009

Beginnings

I've thought a long time about starting this website. I want a container in the world for what has been forming inside me. I want to give it expression. I know from my studies of ecology and more importantly through my own felt and known sense (basically moments of grace, vision, and mysticism) that I am part of this vast network of life around me -- that it and I are not separate, but reflections and in fact embedded in each other. Most magnificently I am manifest as Earth, full of deep mysteries and moving beauty. Full of pain and suffering that comes from lack and separation in a land of fullness, at least in potential, at least in truth. This is true of my experience. I can sense from others and what they write (especially indigenous writers) that I have a ways to go on this journey. The journey that the sages say brings one back to the beginning. One of my teachers says all the time -- it's never one, it's always both/and. My practice of choice recently has been to enter an altered state and actually enter the landscape and get to know it. I'm starting with my most immediate neighbors, the beings inhabiting my property and the land around me. I have a responsibility to my immediate environment since I "own" this land. And a responsibility to myself as well, since it really owns me and will shape me. I'd rather be a good participant in this community.

No comments:

Post a Comment