Today I found the blog of Priscilla Stuckey (thislivelyearth.com), a kindred spirit. Her current post is about the inadequacy of words to capture being, and how the Dagara (Malidoma Some') view too many words as a sign of a being in exile from nature. The more advanced beings communicate without words, which tend to box us out of the boundless flow.
I experience this personally and feel relief to see it confirmed by other humans. Words are completely inadequate to communicate the intense experiences I have. Yet I still feel alone with the experiences and have no other way to communicate them. At best, words can evoke a new state of mind, a vision, and in that sense offer a portal or more can be a medial catalyst.
I remember that I looked into someone's eyes when at a Circlework training, and the woman opposite said she saw the ocean. Now my eyes are blue, but I was holding the ocean intensely in my mind as well. Is this the way to share with other sensitive, perceptive beings?
Some poetry gives me a new experience in the inner world. An experience I now hold as equally valid to outer world experience. It seems to me the poetry that works communicates a vision that someone else had.
No comments:
Post a Comment