The Invitation
- Oriah Mountain Dreamer
It doesn't interest me what you do for a living.
I want to know what you ache for, and if you dare to dream of meeting your heart's longing.
It doesn't interest me where or what or with whom you have studied. I want to know what sustains you, from the inside, when all else falls away.
I dreamt last night I was at a palatial home, the White House maybe. It was after hours, and after an event. The young aides were angry with me. I just looked at them, they were upset about something that didn't really matter, except in their circumscribed world. I left free, but alone by myself into the night with sweeping surfaces of the large building lit next to the empty drive and garden, and the lights of the city below me.
I'm an aide at work and I spend my week worrying about things that don't really matter in the big picture. I really don't need the anger and frustration that come with the big performance.
What matters here is the beauty of the beckoning night and the freedom I feel with it stretched out before me.
No comments:
Post a Comment